Jenn-Air SVD486 Oven Wont Keep Time
We’ve seen a number of Jenn-Air, Maytag ovens (relevant model/part numbers and photos of typical boards below) here at FixYourBoard.com with the same recurring problem…
The oven control seems unable to consistently keep the time (e.g. the display is often encountered flashing “12:00”), and the user calibration for the oven temperature is not saved after being set.
To set temperature calibration follow these steps:
- Press “Bake” (upper bake will calibrate the upper oven, and lower bake will calibrate the lower oven)
- Enter in “500” degrees
- Hold down “Bake” again (the same bake as pressed at the start)
- This should enter the calibration menu. A number ranging from -35 to +35 (by increments of 5) should be displayed. The default is “0”.
- Press “Broil” to toggle between positive and negative ranges and then key in the desired offset (can only be from -35 to +35 by increments of 5).
- Ex) a +20 degree offset will cause the oven controller to display “330” for an oven cavity that is actually 350 degrees. Similarly, a -25 degree offset will cause the controller to display “425” for a cavity that is actually 400 degrees.
- Press “Clear/Cancel” or just idle for a few seconds and the offset will be stored and the display will return to showing the clock. So if you were to re-enter the calibration menu, it should show whatever number you just keyed in.
The control failure being addressed in this post is when you re-enter the calibration menu and it reads “0” or is blank instead of being stored at the desired offset.
Well we’ve discovered what’s causing this problem and know how to fix it. Furthermore, we will refurbish the entire board, quickly and reliably, replacing all the components prone to failure and back it up with a two year warranty. And the best part is that this repair is a fraction of the cost of buying a new controller, or worse yet, a new oven. So send your malfunctioning controller in to FixYourBoard.com and we’ll get it back up and running like new in no time!
Relevant Jenn-Air model numbers:
ACB6260AB ACB6260AS ACB6260AW ACB6280AS
SCE30600B SCE30600BC SCE30600W SCE4320B SCE4320W SCE4340B SCE4340BC SCE70600B SCE70600W SCE30500W
SVD48600B SVD48600PF SVD48600PG SVD48600PK SVD48600PR SVD48600PT
MEW6627BAB MEW6627BAC MEW6627BAQ MEW6627BAS MEW6627BAW MEW6627CAS
JEW8527AAB JEW8527AAW JEW8530AAB JEW8530AAW JEW8627AAB JEW8627AAW JEW8630AAB JEW8630AAW JEW9627AAB JEW9627AAS JEW9627AAW JEW9630AAB JEW9630AAS JEW9630AAW JEW9527AAB JEW9527AAW JEW9530AAB JEW9530AAS JEW9530AAW
JJW8527AAB JJW8530CAB JJW8530CAS JJW8530CAW JJW8630CAB JJW8630CAS JJW8630CAW JJW8527CAB JJW8527CAS JJW8527CAW JJW8627CAB JJW8627CAS JJW8627CAW JJW9527CAB JJW9527CAQ JJW9527CAS JJW9527CAW JJW8530CCB JJW8530CCW JJW9530CCB JJW9530CCS JJW9530CCW JJW9630CCB JJW9630CCS JJW9630CCW
WW30430W WW27430B WW27430BC WW27430P WW27430PF WW27430PG WW27430PK WW27430PR WW27430PU WW27430W WW27430WC WW30430B WW30430P WW30430PC WW30430PF WW30430PG WW30430PK WW30430PR WW30430PU
Relevant Jenn-Air part numbers:
12001691 12001693 12001914 71001799 71001872 71001977 71002594 71003401 71003424 74006612 74006613 74006614 WP74006612 WP71003424
Regardless of what you may hear, the control boards on all appliances are repairable. Many times, control board repair is the only option because they are obsolete or no longer available from the manufacturer. Call FixYourBoard.com to have your control board remanufactured quickly, with an industry leading two year warranty.